Monday, May 12, 2014

100 Word Challenge

I'm starting to do a 100 word challenge. Every week I will write a 100 word story on my blog. Here is the prompt for this week:...some of the words sounded like foreign language...
.......

The two horses tramped quietly through the large, open savanna. Vultures circled above the explorers' heads and diamond-backs slithered across the dry earth.
"What's that?"
Milly pointed to a dark line near the riders.
"The jungle." replied her guide.
As they entered the jungle the coolness flooded over  her. She saw something move in the bushes. A girl stepped out. She was dressed in a skirt and some of the words sounded like foreign language.
"Me, lost." she managed to say.
The riders nodded.
"Come with us." Milly offered.
The girl's eyes sparkled.
She mounted and rode into the sunset.
.............
Do you like it?
I had to count it about ten times!

2 comments:

  1. Nice, but now I want to know what else happened.
    When I was in grade school my spelling was terrible!
    So, my parents encouraged me to write stories to help
    me learn to spell better. To be honest my spelling still
    isn't very good; but that's what dictionaries and spell
    check are for right? Lol... I still have the stories, keep
    up the good work. If you are enjoying writing, some
    day, who knows.... maybe you will write books.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete