Monday, May 1, 2017

-MAKING MOVIES-

As you probably already know, I love acting. And I know most girls my age want to be an actress too. But I don't want to act for the fame and recognition, I want to act because I really and truly enjoy acting.
Recently my brothers and I made our own movie (with much begging on my part), and then later our two cousins also came for a second movie. I was a director, costume designer, props manager, organizer, location scout and actress all in one! Whew!  It was hard work (especially when my brothers basically quit halfway through). But we got there and I think they're pretty good. Here are some photos.





The battle scene in our first movie - The Chronicles of Narnia, The Gifts of Peace



Left to right -
Monte (Edmund), Ty (Peter), Danny (Shasta), Me (Susan) and Sawyer (yes, he's Lucy)









Behind the scenes of The Chronicles of Narnia - The Fourth Crown




Our theme photo in The Fourth Crown. 
L-R: Monte (Edmund), Tamera (Lilia), Ty (Peter), Me (Susan) and Janaya (Lucy). Danny and Sawyer aren't in the photo.



A photo from the deleted scenes when I completely mucked up my line!
 ("My High King...Peter...brother?...Argh!")



Unfortunately I can't post the actual movie. Last year I also joined the Homeschool Dramatix Group which is SO awesome!!! This year we are doing The Pilgrims Progress as our production and the auditions for the characters are on Saturday. I'm excited and nervous because it's my first time auditioning (I missed them last year) but I'm really hoping I get my favourite part; either Faithful or Hope.
So if anyone is thinking of joining a drama group or making a movie, I would definitely recommend it, especially my homeschool drama group!!

By Jada Rolston

1 comment:

  1. I got the part of Evangeline.
    The play's are on the 21st and 22nd of September (the Friday and Saturday) at Elim Church on Maui street, Hamilton, if you are interested. We've been working hard and it'll be a great production.
    xx Jada

    ReplyDelete