Hi! I haven't written for ages, I know. But! Guess what? ...I have a new story!!! It is a mystery one called 'Hidden in the Hatbox'. Enjoy...
CHAPTER 1 A SIGN ON THE WALL.
Claire skipped over to the supermarket's bulletin board. There was never anything interesting, only a few lost pets, advertisements and 'help needed' posters. she flicked her eyes across the board when something caught her eye. She peered closer and read;
Help very much needed to
help at the Old Hotel on
Main street. Jobs will
be various-fixing, wiping,
cleaning,etc. Volunteers
are wanted. Contact Grace
Williams.
Claire's face brightened. What if I could do it? She thought. She tore the poster off the wall and stuffed it into her trouser pocket.
"I'll ask Lily-Anna if she wants to help." she whispered to herself and smiled.
.....................
"Lily-Anna could come and we would have lotsa fun. And maybe, maybe we could start tomorrow after riding lessons!" Claire ended with a rush. "Please, please!"
Mum smiled at her.
"Well, I suppose so.."
"Please!"
"Alright. Go tell Lily-"
"Thanks Mum!" Claire cried and flung her arms around Mrs. Rolston's neck. hen she shrugged on her winter jacket and hat, and stepped out into the cold evening.
"Be back in time for dinner!" Mum called out the door. Claire walked carefully through the frozen path that led to the bush to Lily-Anna's house. She was glad she lived in the country. It made her feel alive and free. Nine-year old girl as she was, Claire spread her arms wide and ran against the bitter-cold wind. The wind roared in her ears and the coldness stung her cheeks, but she loved it. She threw herself into the soft, white snow and laughed. She was free.
..............................................
By the way, it is based in New Zealand. (of course) It is in the South Island where it snows so...
P.S The next chapter is more exciting.
Does anyone read my blog anymore???
ReplyDeletexxJada
I'm reading! I like this story so far Jada, I love mysteries!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
Deletexx
Hey Jada,
ReplyDeleteI'm also reading your story. I love that - in the beginning - the reader doesn't know much about the persons and gets to discover them during the story.
I'm from Germany, by the way, and I've never been to New Zealand.
Keep up your great story writing!
Owwww, you have me on the edge of my seat! I love a good mystery too!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week! Jean
Here is the next chapter! Way more exciting this time...
ReplyDeletexx Jada