Monday, November 24, 2014

(Ellie's Dream) Part Three

Brring, brring! The doorbell rang.Ellie ran to the door and opened it.A tall woman and a snobbish looking girl stepped onto the mat.
"Hello," the woman's sweet voice made Ellie feel warm inside,"I'm Louise Terrace and this is my daughter, Daisy." 
Daisy glanced at Ellie, "Hello Elsa." she said simply. Ellie rolled her eyes.'Elsa was her real name but she liked being called 'Ellie'.  "Ellie, dear,go and play with Daisy." Mum said, then turned back to Mrs Terrace. Ellie led Daisy to her room.
 "So Elsa..." Daisy began, but Ellie cut her short, "Ellie." she corrected her.                            "Well, Ellie, Mama said you had a new quarter horse?" 
Ellie swallowed her surprise, "Er, yes,we do," she shifted uncomfortably in her chair, " but he's a bit frisky."                                                       
Ellie began to tell Daisy how her dad thought Spirit was useless and wanted to sell him. After a while Ellie realised Daisy agreed with her dad.                                                              
"Oh Elsa!" Daisy sighed "Just quit. You'll never train that horse  to barrel race!"                                   "Yes,I can!"
 "Give up."
 "Never!" 
As Ellie stared into Daisy's cold, uncaring eyes she knew then she would do it, no matter what! I can do it! I can! The thought echoed over and over in her mind.Ellie felt the confidence build its way through her body. All at once, the words came tumbling out of her mouth, " I can! Of course I can do it! I don't care what you, or anyone says. Spirit is a good horse and I will train him!" 
Just then Mum called to say that Daisy must go. At the door,Daisy pulled a face when the adults weren't looking and whispered to Ellie, "You're wasting your time. Give up," Then left. 
.........
The next part gets VERY, VERY exciting.





No comments:

Post a Comment