Sunday, February 24, 2013
{The Midnight Visit} Chapter Two
That afternoon while Rosalie was playing with her friends she thought about the horse.
Ok, before I go to bed I’ll get some sugar lumps and an apple just in case he or she comes back, Rosalie thought.
“Hey!” Rosalie’s friend Mimi called “ Come and play with us!”
Rosalie remembered her friends, “ Yeah, coming” she called back.
………………………..
That night Rosalie lay awake listening for the loud whinny. Then she heard it. She crept out of bed slowly. She ran down the stairway, through the lounge and clambered down the steps into the garden. Rosalie stared at the sight before her. She gasped. There in the moonlight stood the horse tall and proud. Her mane and tail flowing in the wind.
Then, as if by magic, the horse turned and ate the apple and sugar. She nickered happily. Then, as the new day dawned, the beautiful bay galloped away.
Rosalie laughed “ I hope mum doesn’t mind the sugar lumps gone, Dawn!”
…………………
Do you like my story so far?
Do you think Dawn is a good name for the horse?
Labels:
the midnight visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it Jada.. what a thrilling story!! Cant wait to read more :)
ReplyDelete(p.s - Dawn is a wonderful name for a horse!)
xx
Great story Jada - I think Dawn is a great name especially as they meet at night before the Dawn. Keep up the fantastic writing x
ReplyDeleteWow you are an amazing writer! I am going to read this to my kids and I'll not tell them a kid wrote it - let's see what they say when I tell them the author is a kid!
ReplyDeleteYou could publish this!
Jada this is so great! I've always thought that writing is such a cool way to express all the magical thoughts and feelings we hold in our hearts. Keep up the great work :-)
ReplyDeleteI really like your descriptive writing, Jada - I can picture it all in my head. Dawn is a great name for the horse.
ReplyDeleteI do like your story because you use descriptive words. I think dawn is a good name because Rosalie met the horse at dawn.
ReplyDeleteI love this story Jada, you have a real way with words! And Dawn is the perfect name! :-)
ReplyDeleteHello, I've been reading your mom's blog and she told us about your story! I want you to know I think it's wonderful! When I was around your age I had a continuing dream... night after night about horses and a bunch of good friends. I wish that I had written the story down because now, (and I'm 57 years of age) I can't remember that story... only bits and pieces of it! I do write other stories though and enjoy it thoroughly! Keep up the good work and if it's something you enjoy... then don't stop! Using and having an imagination is truly a wonderful gift! Jean C. From Utah, USA
ReplyDelete